Monica Valentinelli is a writer and game designer who lurks in the dark. She writes both original and media tie-in fiction and works on games and comics, too. To date, she has a few dozen creative credits with more on the way.
Recently published stories and games include “Tomorrow’s Precious Lambs” for EXTREME ZOMBIES, “The Dig” for the LOVECRAFT ZINE, and STRANGE, DEAD LOVE for Vampire: the Requiem by White Wolf Publishing. She is also the lead writer and brand manager for the FIREFLY ROLE-PLAYING GAME line published by Margaret Weis Productions. You can discover more of the author’s creative works through her fiction publications or her game publications.
Her non-fiction repertoire includes online articles and print essays. She has written for sites like: HowtoWrite Shop.com, Crackle.com, SFWA.org and, more recently, GeeksDreamGirl.com, and BookLifeNow.com. Her essays have appeared in books like FAMILY GAMES: THE 100 BEST and THE BONES: US AND OUR DICE.
Monica also edits comics, games, fiction, etc. Her debut anthology HAUNTED: 11 TALES OF GHOSTLY HORROR won a reader’s choice award in 2011.
When she isn’t giving in to her inner wordsmith, Monica leverages her ten+ years experience in eCommerce, marketing, publicity, and management for select clients. Current clients include John Kovalic and Onyx Path Publishing.
Monica holds a B.A. in Creative Writing from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She lives with two very spoiled cats, an albino water frog, and her fiance. In addition to writing and editing, she enjoys traveling, designing jewelry, cooking, taking photos, gaming, watching anime, and hiking.
Currently, Monica is an Associate Member of the SFWA and an Affiliate Member of the HWA. She has recently been admitted to a professional novelist’s group called The Alliterates.
Awards & Accolades
- GalleyCat Varney the Vampire Re-Mix Grand Prize Winner 2012
- HAUNTED: 13 Tales of Ghostly Horror won Best Anthology in the 2011 Preditors & Editors Reader’s Choice Awards.
- FAMILY GAMES: the 100 BEST was a nominee in the category of Best Game-Related Publication in the 37th year of the Origins Awards.
- BURIED TALES OF PINEBOX, TEXAS won first place for 2009 best anthology in the annual Preditors & Editors Reader’s Choice Awards.
- CHASING SHADOWS, a horror movie screenplay Monica co-wrote, placed as a finalist in the Shriekfest 2009 competition.
- FlamesRising.com won a Silver ENnie through the hobby games industry awards at GenCon: Indianapolis in 2008.
- “Promises, Promises” won first place in a submission contest for White Wolf Publishing. The story was then published in the 2007 Spring Edition of White Wolf Quarterly.
- “Prey” won an Honorable Mention through the MIRRORMASK 2005 fiction competition sponsored by FutureFire.net.
Online Article Reprint Information: If you are interested in republishing any of Monica’s online articles or blog posts for your publication, please use the contact page to submit your request. Be sure to include the name of the website or publication and how you’re affiliated with it.