I’ve pledged to blog more often than I normally do, but sometimes it’s hard coming up with “a” topic. Hence, today’s post is a link salad of some websites and articles I found.
- Frankenstein – If you’re a Benedict Cumberbatch fan, you might want to check your local theatres for this 2010 performance. He alternates roles with Jonny Lee Miller and, based on the preview spot alone, it sounds like its an outstanding show.
- Fiction is a Waste of Time – I found this article to be ironic, not because it plays into the whole “elitist” mindset that is so prevalent here in the states or that most writers are not rolling in the dough — but because a musician, a songwriter, made that claim. Songwriters tell stories! As a musician myself, I see a LOT of similarities between the two fields. Replace “literary” with “classical” and there’s kerfluffles even within that discipline. Sheesh.
- Open Government Foundation – This was really interesting to me, because it’s a list of what legislation is going through the House. Sure, we’ve all heard of SOPA and PIPA, but this allows you to get in on the ground floor and see what’s being discussed.
- Friends in Low Places – My new Episode is now number four on the hottest items list for DriveThruRPG.com. Many, many thanks for supporting my work. Huzzah!
- Top 5 Excuses Stopping You From Finishing That Novel – And I quote: “Whatever the scenario, all of these aspiring authors feel frustrated and powerless by the writing process, rather than empowered. The more powerless they feel, the more frustrated they become. The more frustrated they become, the less they feel like writing. And, of course, the less they feel like writing, the less they get done.”
- Dragon Age Legends Remix – This sounds so tempting, but I don’t want to play this blind. Have you? “Playing as Dragon Age Legends’ Viscount Ravi, players will learn about Ravi’s back story while fighting their way through hordes of demons and darkspawn. By completing levels of the Remix, players are able to earn gifts for their hero in Dragon Age Legends on Facebook.”
- HWA Scholarships – Just dropping in a note that you, too, can apply for an HWA scholarship if you’re an active member. I used to be, but I believe I let that lapse for now.
- The Problem With Medium – This post talks about content farms and offers a warning. It’s a model that does favor the publisher and tends to earn them lots and lots of money. Think what you will about them. Certainly, I’m not advocating for or against them. I just think if you’re a good writer who wants to make a career based off of selling your work — do THAT. Don’t give it away in a business model where someone else profits off of what you provide.
And that’s it for today’s link salad!
- Mood: SO CAFFEINATED RIGHT NOW ZOMG
Caffeinated Beverages Consumed: Coffee plus a single Pepsi Max. Noticing how much caffeine hits me when I drink pop.
Work-Out Minutes Logged Yesterday: For the ever-lovin’ wash… FOUR LOADS.
In My Ears: Water filter and drawbridge! (new fish tank)
Game Last Played: Dragon Age II
Book Last Read: Research materials for work
Movie Last Viewed: Alice in Wonderland
Latest Artistic Project: *Still* *still* *still* need to take pictures… It’s on the list!
Latest Fiction/Comic Release: Last
Latest Game Release: Friends in Low Places
What I’m Working On: Primarily tie-in games work and novels.